Bi-directional DCDC conversion
500kW to >10MW
500 to 1,250 ADC per module | up to 1,200 VDC
These high power density DC-DC modules were specifically developed for system integrators and OEMs who need to directly incorporate reliable, compact, high-power DC-DC conversion into their systems. Our modules make straightforward work of system development, allowing you to incorporate extremely high power density & industry-leading technology directly into your end product; giving you strong advantages over your competition.
Our DCDC converters are compatible with a wide range of DC sources, including DC generators, batteries (Lithium, lead-acid, flow, etc.) as well as fuel cells.
LC power modules pack both the power and the intelligence within a single module. All thats missing is your application.
Designed for OEMs and System Integrators
The LC module is designed to enable you to deploy high-performance power systems. Integrating generation, battery energy storage, and utility or generation sources has never been easier.
With high-speed processing built in, the LC line of modules only require basic commands from your controller. They are designed from the ground-up to be both reliable as well as easily integrated into larger systems.
Designed with reliability and simplicity in mind, the LC module is a study in simplicity; even the fan has been eliminated, so that there are no moving parts.
With a power rating up to and above 500kW per module, DCDC modules pack the performance you need into an extremely small space.
Developing a high-power system has never been easier.
Selecting a DCDC converter for your application
- Determine the maximum DC voltage on the high-voltage side of the converter. This is the first of two necessary values.
- Determine the required current on the low-voltage side of the converter. This is the second value that is needed to select the proper converter.
1,000 ADC must be supplied to/from a low-voltage battery for bidirectional charge/discharge. The battery voltage is nominally 150 VDC. The DC/DC converter is required to boost the 150 VDC to 700 VDC and the DC/DC converter must take current commands to push power in either direction. At 700 VDC you expect ~212 ADC after accounting for losses.
- 1,000 ADC (low-side current) and 700 VDC (high-side voltage) are the two values that determine the selection of the converter, while the 150 VDC battery voltage and ~212 ADC high-side current do not factor into the selection.
- The proper model for this application is the:
- DC-LC12/6-1050-5, which is capable of 1,050 ADC and boosting to a maximum of 800 VDC.
- 511mm x 168mm x 445mm [20.1” x 6.6” x 17.5”]
- Liquid cooling requirements
- Water/glycol (EWG)
- 12-18 liters per minute
- CAN communications
- SAE J1939 compliant
- 250, 500, 1000 kbps