EPC is increasing its engineering staff at its Poway, CA offices just north of San Diego. We develop and manufacture high-power, ultra-compact grid connected conversion systems for a variety of emerging sectors including renewables, energy storage, heavy automotive, and microgrid applications.
We have a passion for high-tech, elegant solutions that deliver outstanding performance and value to our customers. We love what we do, and we try to foster a creative environment where collaboration is key, experience is valued, and a passion to succeed shows through in everything we do.
Expect a hands-on, highly collaborative environment with a breadth of development tasks in the queue and constant learning around every corner. Our core engineering team comes from multi-megawatt, medium voltage industries and brings high-power experience to EPC’s lower power applications (40kW to 5MW).
Experience in the industry is strongly desired, but talent and determination are even more desired. All applicants must have the ability to operate across multiple disciplines in a hands-on, lab-friendly environment, taking designs from concept through testing and then all the way to successful delivery.
apply at email@example.com
Senior Controls Engineer
- Develop stable real-time control systems using PI, PR, or other digitally-implemented controllers
- Propose new ideas that expand the modularity, performance, or otherwise improve the response of high-end power converters
- Develop & implement modulators for different circuit topologies
- Perform circuit design, select components, and support the layout of control PCBs
- Support & execute key design verification and testing
- Interface with a cross functional team for development and product release
- Guide and develop junior engineers
- Strong propensity to teach yourself and learn from others to master new topics
- BS or MS preferred, PhD considered with outstanding and demonstrated ability
- 4+ years of inverter/converter controls related design experience
- Demonstrated experience controlling motors, active rectifiers, DC-DC converters, or grid-tied inverters
- A mastery of: stability analyses, rotating and stationary reference frames, and both closed and open loop controllers
- Proven mastery of various control methodologies including but not limited to:
- Sensor & sensorless vector control
- PWM methods
- Firmware / FPGA programming experience strongly desired
- Circuit design and board layout experience strongly desired